Our next guest is one of the most influential economists for businesses, journalists, and the public and is a trusted adviser to the nation’s top policymakers. As the leading provider of economic research and data, he has made a career out of helping clients navigate the ever-changing marketplace.
Dr. Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody’s Analytics, joins Willy on the Walker Webcast to discuss the multi and single-family housing markets, predictions about the Federal Reserve’s next move, the strength of the U.S. economy, and so much more.
Watch the replay
If you have any comments or questions, please reach out to your main Walker & Dunlop point of contact. We are all available to answer questions and provide assistance. Additionally, if you have topics you would like covered during one of our future webcasts, we would be happy to take your suggestions.
Key Points In The Webcast:
03:00 Effects of the Fitch Rating downgrade
06:08 The importance of consumer confidence
08:52 Debt load isn’t a problem
11:50 Have we been complacent with the Fed funds rates?
16:48 Where Fed funds are headed
20:02 Will the state of the banking sector worsen?
25:45 Concerns on private capital markets
28:44 Employment and wage growth
31:27 Will immigration reform affect the economy?
36:48 How the refi wave influence consumer balance
39:06 Fannie and Freddie conservatorship
41:44 The future of oil prices
45:18 Is the student debt relief plan an issue?
49:23 Housing recession and what it means for multifamily
55:26 What lies ahead in 2024
GET NOTIFIED about upcoming shows:
» Subscribe to our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5jhzGBWOTvQku2kLbucGcw
» See upcoming guests on the #WalkerWebcast here:
Related webcasts: Tune in on Wednesdays for fresh perspectives about leadership, business, the economy, commercial real estate, and more! #WillyWalker hosts a diverse network of leaders as they share the wisdom that cuts across industry lines.
Check out our previous videos:
» Full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_QkMqEzOkzNmWUe9kpfRJ4213jIh6LNk
» Driven By Insight: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/driven-by-insight/id1540843402.
» LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/walker-&-dunlop/
» Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WalkerDunlop
» Twitter: https://twitter.com/WalkerDunlop
» Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/walkerdunlop/
» Newsletters: https://explore.walkerdunlop.com/subscribe
Please bear in mind that this is a public and professional platform. We’ll do our best to ensure that our postings on this page comply with our standards, which prohibit content that:
• is abusive, defamatory, threatening, or obscene
• is fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading
• violates the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other intellectual property right of another
• contains or links to any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other forms of malware or harmful code
• contains the personal information of others, such as names, addresses, and telephone numbers
• violates any law or regulation
• is otherwise offensive. We expect users not to post content that violates our standards. We cannot monitor postings or discussions in advance, but we reserve the right to remove any posting that does not meet our standards.